7th Grade General Supply List
For students to use in every class and keep in lockers (some are for specific teachers):
Blue or black pens only (work will NOT be accepted in ANY other color)
4 pouches, one for each binder (so students are never without pens, pencils, etc.)
- Either : Wooden Pencils & Small pencil sharpener OR Mechanical Pencils with extra lead
- Four 3” three-ring binders: Green (science) Blue (for English) Black (for math) Red (for Civics/Geography)
* Loose-leaf paper, at least a pack for each binder
* Tab dividers for each binder (at least 5 per binder)
* 1 pack each of 4x6 & 3x5 index cards
* A pack of large glue sticks
* 4 composition notebooks
* Color pencils
* A pack of highlighters (with 4 separate colors)
Permanent markers are NOT needed for any reason.
Novels for reading throughout the year:
* The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton: This novel is the 7th grade summer reading. A test and project will be given in the first week of school for all students. The test may likely be given on the first day of school.
* At least one other novel, if not two, will be needed for all English 7
classes. Students will receive that specific information from that teacher and
it will also be on that teacher’s syllabus in the first week of school.
* In addition to the above-mentioned texts, Advanced English students will
be independently reading texts, working on projects, and writing essays
throughout the year.